pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

05 April 2006

This has put me right off my rice krispie treat

Just when I start to feel all warm and fuzzy about my law school and my friends here and how it really is not as bad and callous and snooty as people say it is, I hear this little exchange in the lounge: student: so you agree that there are some pro bono cases you just would never take, right, because there's nothing in it for you? other student: yeah. But I only think that because we have public defenders. student: Thank god for third tier law schools! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH! I'm happy to report, though, that these people proceeded to discuss how easy it is to "pad your billable hours by overreporting how many hours you worked on pro bono matters," so at least I'll have some good dirt when they get reported to the ethics committee.

3 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Blonde Justice said...

Eeww.

Tell them to come to my office, and we'll spend all day counting the lawyers from ivy league schools.

 
At 4/05/2006 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Blonde Justice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/06/2006 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Johanna said...

Who ARE these people? Oh, people like Christiaan . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home