pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

26 April 2006

Helpful as always

Actual posting from actual email sent by Public Interest Careers Professional to the *students only* email list: Idaho Legal Aid looking for someone with English and Spanish fluency and several years of legal experience in this area to work 10 hours a week counseling victims of domestic violence. Starting contract $26,000." Gee, thanks. I'm sure there are a lot of current students with several years of legal experience in dv work who are dying to move to Idaho to work 10 hours a week for very little money. You're really meeting the needs of those students, career service office.

2 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 01:59:00 PM, Blogger Johanna said...

Uh . . . in case you've forgotten I work full time for pretty much the same amount of money. However, I do not have a law degree. Nor do I care to visit, let alone live, in Idaho. There aren't any 100K jobs working with immigrant families? Wouldn't that be nice!

 
At 4/26/2006 02:04:00 PM, Blogger pseudostoops said...

Yeah, the money is actually surprisingly good. There are a lot of public interest people who work full time for a lot less. Of course, I reread the job offering and saw something I missed before: "must provide your own office space and have your own practice." Ah.

I wonder if Idaho would be willing to pay $100,000 if they had enough DV work for a full time position? I somehow doubt it. Although if they did, I might reconsider my current "no Idaho" job search policy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home