pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

30 October 2006

That would be frustration seeping out of my pores

So the internet at home is still dead, and this weekend there were at least 47 times when I was reminded just how much I have come to rely on this here network of wires and bytes and information zipping along at light speed. Sunday morning, the low point, found me and John on the floor of the gym in our building, laptops on laps, shamelessly freeloading off of some nearby resident's wireless that we were unable to freeload off from our own apartment. Because we're classy like that.

2 Comments:

At 10/30/2006 05:31:00 PM, Blogger Zoe said...

I spent all of last week that way, without my laptop. "Oh, I can't go online? Okay I'll go see a movie, let me just hop over to Moviephone and, oh. Well damn. Hell, I've always wanted to check out Clement Street, maybe now is the time to do that. Let me just go to 511.org and see how to get... oh wait. I guess I'll just watch a rerun of Everwood..."

 
At 10/30/2006 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sick isn't it? Bryan had to take the laptop OVERNIGHT for a meeting and (keep in mind we don't have TV) I was literally walking around in circles. Then I decided to clean and man does the place look spiffy. But it hit me like a ton of bricks just how much I need that damn computer and The Internet.

Hope everything gets back in order soon!!

(And I think you meant to spell classy with a 'K', right?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home