pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

23 January 2006

I am a nerd.

It’s not often that a magazine makes me laugh out loud:

From The Week, Jan 27, 2006: BAD WEEK FOR: fans of Ernest Hemingway, after fire destroyed a bar on the island of Bimini. The bar was called the Compleat Angler. It was a clean, well-lit place. Hemingway liked to drink there during fishing trips to the Bahamas. But then he died. And now the bar has burned down.

This, my friends, is why I love The Week. Seriously, would Newsweek make that joke? I think not.

2 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 11:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not a nerd Katie. Not at all. You're just someone who nerdily laughs at dorky jokes while reading dweeby magazines. YOU are in fact very cool.

brian
P.S. I'd like to subscribe to the Week still if you have those subscription cards you at one point mentioned to me.

 
At 1/24/2006 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Mango Pancakes said...

Ummm, yeah. Brian never told me you had a blog. Now I have to:

a) Go back and read all of your entries.

b) Link to your blog from mine. Yay!

Hello, by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home