pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

15 November 2006

If it doesn't fit....

Yuck. Just yuck. OJ Simpson is releasing the "definitive last chapter in the Trial of the Century" by doing an "exclusive interview" to coincide with the release of his new book: "If I Did It," which "hypothetically describes how the murders would have been committed." Come on, dude. If you get away with murdering two people- causing their deaths, ending their lives, forcing their families to endure pain and grief- maybe you could stop being so freaking smug and just keep your trap shut about it, huh? I understand that money may be getting a little tight and that you're kind of a fame junkie, but come ON. Given that the Bronco chase has also just been memorialized in a truly odd and maybe kind of brilliant pop-up book, it's been kind of a big week for the Juice. On an interesting personal note, though, the OJ Simpson car chase and the verdict in his trial are both moments I remember vividly, those kind of "where were you when..." moments. (Like "where were you when the Challenger exploded?" to which the answer is "watching it live on tv in my second grade classroom.") So, I ask you internets: Where were you when the OJ Simpson Bronco chase went live on every tv in America?

6 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 02:00:00 PM, Blogger Green said...

Walking home from babysitting at a neighbor's house down the street. Shit, how much older than you am I?!

OJ grosses me out, and I feel so bad for his kids, who must be all screwed up in the head, not sure if their dad killed their mom or not.

 
At 11/15/2006 02:53:00 PM, Blogger Jack Chou said...

some people at work brought this up: what if the entire book is exactly as it actually happened? like his "how i would have done it" is actually just like the real thing?

i have a feeling in some f'd up way, oj actually thinks this will exonerate him ("well of course i didn't do it, because i never would have done it THAT way. here's how I would have done i..."). it's crazy to think about how his mind works.

 
At 11/15/2006 03:07:00 PM, Blogger pseudostoops said...

I should clarify: when OJ went on his slow-speed chase, I was also babysitting for the neighbor's kids. I think it was 15? 16?

 
At 11/15/2006 04:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was watching it in my 6th grade social studies classroom.... that seems so long ago now that i teach in a 6th grade classroom!

 
At 11/15/2006 08:36:00 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Pseudo--we were in first grade during the Challenger explosion. I remember sitting in a circle on the floor and the teacher used a timer to show us just how short the ship was in the air. Still chilling, 20 years later...

As for OJ, I remember watching the chase in my friend's kitchen. And as for the verdict, someone had a portable radio in math class, and we heard it live. Which was way more compelling than math class, despite the shocking results.

 
At 11/16/2006 12:21:00 AM, Blogger hazelblackberry said...

I don't remember where I was but OJ wasn't so well known here, of course. It was on the news that night.

But this book deal is vile and so very odd. Does he remember this woman is his children's mother??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home