pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

22 August 2006

How not to take a compliment

A nice woman who works at my office complimented me today on my shirt. She had also complimented me on a dress I wore last week. (Did I mention that she is nice?) She and I and another woman were in the kitchenette, doing that elaborate morning polka between the coffee machine, the milk in the fridge, and the sugar on the counter, all trying to prep our hot caffeine as soon as possible so we could stop feeling like trolls, and she said, to the other woman, “don’t you just love how our intern dresses? She always looks so adorable!” I was so surprised that, instead of saying “thank you” like a normal person, I snorted with laughter and said “you may be the only person ever to mistake me for someone with fashion sense!" For homework tonight: practice saying “thank you” graciously, so as not to alienate coworkers.

2 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 02:40:00 AM, Blogger barista brat said...

i love your blog.

now say "thank you", haha.

 
At 8/23/2006 12:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or throw her down and start making out with her. Then you won't even have to SAY anything.

Or try the standard Thank You. Whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home