pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

29 August 2006

Roommate foibles

Today I came home from work and made a surprising discovery. I have a roommate! And he is a cockroach! I opened the door to my fridge to get a snack and saw, to my horror, a COCKROACH crawl from the top of my fridge door INTO THE BUTTER DISH. (Okay, I don't really have a butter dish. But it crawled into where the butter dish would be if I were a more culinarily inclined subletter.) I did a little investigating and it appears that this cockroach has been chilling (ha! Get it? Chilling!) on my fridge for quite some time. He appears to live top of the fridge door, below the door of the freezer, protected by the hinge of the door. Let's not even get into how I figured out he's been living there. Suffice it to say that there is, shall we say, evidence that this was not his first afternoon in the place, if you catch my drift. So because he appears to have been living here for quite some time, (and, let's face it, given how hardy cockroaches are, he's likely to be here long after I'm gone,) I decided to dub him my roommate and give him a name. John has taken the camera with him on a "business trip" to Los Angeles, so I had to try to draw him and his little home. Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to Jonas the Cockroach: Welcome to the neighborhood, Jonas! You'll understand if I never eat anything that comes out of that fridge EVER AGAIN. Anyone want to get dinner out tomorrow?

7 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 11:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He TOTALLY owes you rent money. And he needs to take out the trash once in a while.

 
At 8/30/2006 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Green said...

Must be something in the air - I can't eat at home now either, due to the roommate's parents. If we were in the same city, I'd invite you out for grub.

 
At 8/30/2006 03:56:00 PM, Blogger Beth Fish said...

Hey - invite me for dinner and I will be very happy to introduce Jonas to the heel of my shoe.

 
At 8/30/2006 09:44:00 PM, Blogger Lily Graypure said...

I think that in this case, the law would be ok with you confiscating the life of the roommate.

 
At 8/30/2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Terminate with extreme prejudice.

 
At 9/01/2006 12:12:00 AM, Blogger barista brat said...

haha - the visual was great.

 
At 9/03/2006 02:17:00 PM, Blogger fin said...

I like the map. Maybe you can show him the way out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home