pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

24 September 2006

the generation gap

Actual conversation with my grandmother (age 87):

Grandma: Well, since you don't eat meat I guess you can just cook what you want for yourself and then put a separate piece of meat in the oven for John. Pseudo: Actually, he pretty much just eats what I eat. He orders meat at restaurants sometimes, but at home we don't really cook meat. Grandma (half-wailing): But he's a boy! Boy's need meat! You're his wife! You have to cook him meat! Pseudo: [chokes on tongue in effort to bite it]

2 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 07:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma's are the best! Always there to remind you you're not doing your wifely duties.

I still get stuff addressed to Mrs. Bryan Campen and it makes me wanna scream. But that's a whole different post right there.

 
At 9/24/2006 09:19:00 PM, Blogger Lily Graypure said...

Awwww, Grandma! I hope you also told her "I don't cook," just for fun. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home