pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

15 September 2006

Is It Me You're Looking For?

Remember that creep-tastic Lionel Richie video? The one for the song “Hello” where he’s creepily stalking the blind student from his class and singing “Hello- is it me you’re looking for?”

This one 1

I was at the gym this morning, watching VH1 because there’s not a hell of a lot worth watching at 5am (side note: Do I get some sort of wife of the year prize for going to the gym with John at 5am so he can work out and still get to work on time, even though my first class isn’t until 1? Anyone? Is there some sort of free ice cream giveaway for me somewhere? Nothing? Dammit).

Apparently, Lionel is still at it with the creepy videos. His new song is something about “I know that this is love” and “I love you” and “our love is sexy and strong” and yadda yadda (Lionel, you might want to get some new material.) The star of this video? His famously-emaciated DAUGHTER. Because nothing says “romantic love song” like Daddy singing in breathy tones about his little girl. Technically the video seemed to be working some storyline about her being a socialite in love with a waiter, but still. The first two minutes of the video are just shots of her in glamorous dresses with him singing “lovey dovey true love forever my heart etc.”

Let’s just say it did not make me want to rush out and buy the new album.

1 I tried to actually upload the YouTube video to the blog, going so far as to register for YouTube and then register my blog on YouTube, but apparently I missed the essential “sacrifice to the YouTube gods” step because it has refused to work for a day now and I’m giving up.

2 Comments:

At 9/15/2006 11:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got to the gym at 5 AM for John when you wouldn't have to be out of bed until noon? Are you nuts? Bryan better not read that. You're giving wives a bad name lady. Cut it out. (I also had no idea that he was singing about a blind girl. Huh.)

Oh, and that was funny. :-)

 
At 9/15/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Jack Chou said...

only somebody like john stoops would prefer to get up at 5 to go work out instead of, oh, i don't know, going to work out after work.

he also used to do this with class papers: "i'm gonna go to bed now and get up at 4 to finish that paper that's due at 9am."

what a weirdo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home