pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

19 September 2006

and....scene!

There are things, my friends. Things to blog about. But it is late, and I have been up since 5, and that makes me tired. So I will leave you with a vignette: The scene: in the courtroom of an unnamed law school. Several dozen trial advocacy students, plus the lawyers teaching them, are gathered for a session entitled "Persuasion." A crazy gray haired woman asks us to breathe, center our breath, be in the space. Stand in positions of power! she says. Fill the room with your voice. Then she asks: how are you feeling right now? All of you! Call out your answers! Call out your answers? Is she kidding? She's standing in a room of people who have spent the past two weeks trying not to look like idiots around each other. Chances of someone volunteering "I feel vulnerable"? Slim to none.

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 12:36:00 AM, Blogger Green said...

What a dork! I would have pulled my favorite line from Chorus Line - "So I reached right down to the bottom of my heart, to see what i could feee-eeeel ... and I felt NOTHING! This class is nothing!"

 
At 9/20/2006 06:31:00 AM, Blogger pseudostoops said...

Oh, man, I wish I'd thought of that. That would have been great.

 
At 9/20/2006 02:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I TOTALLY remember Chrous Line--now I wanna go add it to Netflix!

Um, how about shouting, "I feel like I'm going to fart!" and see what the response would be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home