pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

18 December 2006

I think I missed some key junior high peer learning phase

I am phenomenally lazy when it comes to certain things about my appearance- makeup especially. I'm able to muster the will to put on mascara maybe three days a week, and powder/lipgloss/eyeliner are even rarer. To give you an idea of how seriously limited my makeup use is, my sister gave me a Bobbi Brown lipstick for Christmas ("you could look so pretty if you wore makeup!) in 1999 and I still use it. (Please don't tell me that's gross. I know it's gross, but have you seen how expensive makeup is at department stores? Highway robbery!) Sometimes, though, seemingly at random, I'll feel an impulse to put on makeup before I go somewhere. I just can't determine any pattern to it. I definitely forgot to put on a stitch of makeup, even concealer to, um, conceal my racoonish undereye circles, when I went on my most recent job interview. When I went to teach a high school class about contracts, though? You'd better believe I wore powder. And I went on our anniversary dinner to a nice restaurant totally au naturel, but Friday? Friday I put on full makeup- mascara, powder, carmex- to go to the DENTIST. The dentist! The man who propped my mouth open with a contraption involving several wires, a metal hinge, and several wads of cotton so he could drill my tooth! Because apparently, no matter how deformed I look with the dental apparatus in my mouth, I'd better make sure the man can't see my enlarged pores. Sheesh.

3 Comments:

At 12/18/2006 01:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That made me snort.

 
At 12/19/2006 01:14:00 AM, Blogger Johanna said...

I have makeup that I used at junior prom. How gross is that? Oh, and I finally blogged - just for you.

 
At 12/20/2006 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Lily Graypure said...

Me too. To the lipstick since 1999 and the odd make-up wearing habits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home