pseudostoops

now clogging the internet elsewhere

21 December 2006

snurfle

When I was working with kids, I got sick a lot. Any germ, virus, or bacterial infection that wafted into the 5th grade classroom would, without exception, find its way into my body. It got to the point where, from December to April, I either was developing a cold, had a cold, or was recovering from a cold WITHOUT A SINGLE DAY OFF. I remember coming to law school one of the happiest surprises was discovering that I could, in fact, stay well! For weeks at a time! It was amazing! But with this new-found healthiness comes the corresponding feeling of utter wretchedness when you are suddenly sick after you've gotten used to feeling well. When I had The Cold That Would Not End I just kind of got used to it- you can't very well lie in bed and moan about your sorry state for four months, after all. But now that being sick is a rarer occurrence, I am a total full-fledged sick wimp. After John's bout with strep throat a couple of weeks ago I suppose I should have been expecting it, but I have been absolutely knocked flat by an EAR INFECTION. Seriously? Who gets ear infections as an adult? Me, apparently. Two days before I'm supposed to fly to L.A. for the holiday. The doctor made a very pinched concerned face when I told her I was flying Saturday morning and said "well, take this nose spray and a sudafed before the flight and pray it goes okay." Reassuring!

3 Comments:

At 12/22/2006 01:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh feel better! My fingers are crossed your head doesn't implode on the flight.

Merry Christmas and we'll all have dinner when you get back, 'k?

 
At 12/22/2006 09:55:00 PM, Blogger frillgirl said...

I hope your flight went okay and that no eardrums were lost in the process.

 
At 12/28/2006 12:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a job where I handled a lot of money, and was always getting sick. So I feel your pain! Hope your flight went well.

Hooked on Doll Houses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home